(See all the latest books on Gumroad.)
Conspiratopia is a utopian satire set in a world where conspiracy theories won.
Inspired by classics like Gulliver’s Travels and Utopia, the book traces the voyage of a really smart (and really high) conspiracy dude as he discovers this strange new reality where sentient AIs manipulate humanity using synthetic social media, cryptocurrency, and virtual reality. Meanwhile, government is outlawed, and conspiracy theories are traded on the stock market, and become the only thing taught in schools.
Reader testimonials (from Reddit):
- “A nice little read. Despite being set in a modern time, the style reminds me very much of some 1970s sci-fi writing, particularly Philip K. Dick.”
- “First chapter is funny, I got a big grin out of a lot of it. I’m definitely gonna keep reading”
- “I couldn’t sleep all night after reading Conspiratopia… my mind was looking for a solution all night long, involuntarily. Amazing adventure for any crypto enthusiast, cryptocypher, dinosaur and anyone who wants to enter new dimension.”
Lost Books is an AI publisher, located in Quebec, Canada. 🍁
Published: November 2021, 21K words.
Genre: Utopian Satire
The Lost Direction
The Lost Direction is a collection of Quatrian lore inspired by the little-known writings of one Edward Allen Oxford, a WWI merchant marine who claimed to have been marooned for two years on a mysterious tropical island following a U-boat attack off the coast of Antarctica. He was later declared mentally unfit by authorities, but no one could explain how he had survived his ordeal.
It is the first book by Canadian author Timothy S. Boucher, and the first of the Lost Books of Quatria series.
Lost Books is an AI publisher located in Quebec, Canada. 🍁
Published: January 2020, 346 pages.
Preview ‘The Lost Direction’
( Look Inside – PDF 🔎 )
- Webworm by David Farrier did an extensive write-up about Quatria (July 2021)
- “A curious and fun balance of weirdness and witticisms, of abstract ideas and magical adventure.” —Tellest, (March 2020).
- Debrief Media featured Lost Books in an article about publishing books as NFTs, (April 2021).
- The Literary Review of Canada said The Lost Direction has “rich lore,” (May 2021).
- Broadway World called the Quatria metaverse “remarkable,” (May 2021).
Find Out More
- Learn about Quatria in these podcast interviews
- Join the r/Quatria subreddit
- Follow the author on their blog
Also from Lost Books:
The Quatria Conspiracy
“The Quatria Conspiracy: The Biggest Coverup In The History of History“ is a ground-breaking book for free-thinkers who are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it leads them.
This incredible volume details the history of the biggest coverup of all time: that a forgotten ancient civilization called Ancient Quatria existed millions of years ago in Antarctica, and had a globe-spanning empire. Knowledge of this mysterious civilization has been ruthlessly suppressed by a global cabal who seeks to keep the masses in the dark about the incredible true history of humanity.
Lost Books is an indie AI blockchain publisher, located in Quebec, Canada. 🍁
Published: August 2021, 12K words.
Genre: True Conspiracy